November 14, 2019
Please join us from 9 am – 12 pm at the Winston Heights Community Centre for our annual Santa’s Breakfast on Saturday, December 14th. Breakfast will be served from 9:00 am to 11:00 am with Santa visiting from 10:00am-11am. Free photo with Santa, printed by FlashFoto (your pictures must be posted to social media for printing).
The breakfast is free to all Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association Members and at a cost of $5 for non-members. Memberships will be available at the door, free for community residents and $10 for non-residents and businesses.
A bake sale table will be set up and raising funds for community initiatives. If you are interested in donating baking, please drop items at the hall between 9am-12pm and 4pm-6pm on Friday, December 13 or between 8am-9am on Saturday, December 14. If you need to make drop arrangements out side of these times please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If possible, please price and label your baking!
Tables are available for crafters/makers. Please contact Suzanne at email@example.com for more information.
There will also be a box set up in the hall to collect food donations for The Mayor’s Food Drive for the Calgary Food Bank. This is a great cause and a great way to share with those in need.
To volunteer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 23, 2019
A NEW YOGA CLASS
THURSDAYS! (Begining October 24th, 2019)
Come out to the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Centre for Thursday Evening Yoga classes from 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: The price is increasing to $6/person. Please bring exact change.
This class is open to adults of all abilities, with yoga experience or not, so come on out and meet some neighbours.
Calm your mind as we work on breathing and mindful movement. The first half hour is dedicated to breathing and meditation. If you prefer just to do yoga, you can join at 7 p.m..
October 6, 2019
Join us, Friday, October 25, from 5 pm-10 pm for the 5th Annual Free Community Pumpkin Carving!
Hosted by: Tony Nicastro with RE/MAX Real Estate (Central)
September 19, 2019
Are you interested in learning how to make and preserve so that you can enjoy the fall harvest throughout the year? Come learn how to make and preserve Crab Apple Jelly. Sign up and join us at our community hall kitchen where a fellow resident Doreen Knopp will be passing on her knowledge on the art of crab apple jelly making. This hands on session will focus on making crab apple jelly, bottling and preserving so that it can be stored safely. There are only 6 spots so sign up soon!
This session is open to residents of Winston Heights-Mountview Community.
Where: Winston Heights-Mountview Community Centre, 520- 27 Ave NE.
When: Sunday, September 29th, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Cost: $10.00 Per Student
To book/pay and confirm your place please e-mail Marcia Xavier at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you.
View Event on Facebook: Crab Apple Jelly
September 17, 2019
Come out to the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Centre for Tuesday morning Yoga classes starting at 9:30 a.m.
PLEASE NOTE: The price is increasing to $6/person. Please bring exact change.
This class is open to people of all abilities so come on out and meet some neighbours while enjoying a wonderful yoga class at the same time.
Calm your mind as we work on breathing and mindful movement.
September 14, 2019
- City of Calgary: Solid Waste Services
- City of Calgary: Mobile Recycling
- Metal Recycling
- Electronics Recycling
- Women In Need Society
February 27, 2019
ATTEND THE NORTH HILL COMMUNITIES TRADESHOW
Saturday, March 2 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
This is a family-friendly come-and-go event so drop-in anytime between 10 am and 2 pm. Please use main entrance off 4 Street and park in either the 36 Ave or 40 Ave lots. Note that the school is accessible by bus routes #2 and #38
Who are the North Hill Communities?
The North Hill Communities area is a much-loved inner-city area in Calgary that includes Edmonton Trail NE, Centre St N, 4 St NW, 16 Avenue N and the nine surrounding communities (Highland Park, Mount Pleasant, Tuxedo Park, Winston Heights-Mountview, Crescent Heights, Renfrew, Rosedale, Capitol Hill, Thorncliffe Greenview (south of Mcknight Blvd) as well as Greenview Industrial.
What connections does The City have to this area?
We want to talk with people about changes happening in the area, local redevelopment and revitalization, City services and engagement opportunities for active projects in the North Hill Communities area. Come chat with us about what’s going on in the North Hill Communities and how we’re working to ensure this area continues to be a place that is loved by Calgarians in the future.
This is a unique one-stop-shop opportunity to learn about and provide feedback on a number of City projects with connections to the area. There will be people from a range of City departments – from Planning and Transportation, to Parks, Recreation, Calgary Housing and specific project teams working on local projects.
FEATURED PROJECTS AND SERVICES:
- North Hill Communities – Local Growth Planning initiative. Chat with the project team and share your vision for growth and redevelopment in the North Hill Communities. We want to build on and strengthen the things people already love while also looking at how things might change and evolve.
- Calgary Housing Company – Learn about the importance of affordable housing and Calgary Housing projects in the area.
- Centre Street – Streetscape Master Plan – Learn about the Streetscape Master Plan for the Centre Street Main Street and provide feedback to the team.
- Municipal Development Plan and Calgary Transportation Plan Review – Help us shape the next 20 years for Calgary!
- + more projects, programs and services. Interact with staff from:
- Planning & Development – Chat with staff from Growth Strategies, Heritage, Urban Design and more.
- Transportation – Chat with team members from Traffic Safety, Livable Streets, Green Line, Calgary Transit, Transportation Planning about all of your transportation and transit questions for the area.
- Parks & Recreation – Learn about parks and recreation programming in the area.
- Water Resources – Learn about Water Resource infrastructure and projects in area.
- Real Estate & Development Services – Learn about City owned land and future projects in the area.
- ‘Local Area Planning 101’ Presentation & Education Opportunity
- Local Area Planning can be a difficult and technical subject matter to navigate! Join us for a quick 30 minute presentation and introduction to the world of Planning at The City of Calgary.
- There will be a recurring 30 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 & 1:30
- Meet your local community associations and find out more about community programming in your area (Crescent Heights, Thorncliffe-Greenview, Renfrew, Mount Pleasant, Highland Park, Capitol Hill.)
- Have fun in Kid’s Korner – show us what you love about your community and help us build a box city!
- Meet local Calgary Firefighters & check out their fire truck (they’re planning to come from 10:30-11:30).
- Coffee, Tea and Timbits.
- Translation available in Mandarin, Cantonese and Spanish
January 30, 2019
Volunteers needed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 15, 2018
Please join us at the Winston Heights Community Centre for the Santa’s Breakfast and Craft Market on Saturday, November 24th. Breakfast will be served from 9:00 am to 11:00 am with Santa arriving by horse and wagon at 10:00 am.
Market Tables will be open from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm with a wide variety of vendors. Get your Christmas shopping done early, and avoid the malls!!
The breakfast is free to all Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association Members, and at a cost of $5 for non-members. Memberships will be available at the door, free for community residents and $10 for non-residents and businesses.
A bake sale table will be set up and raising funds for our new rink boards. If you are interested in donating baking, please drop it off to the hall between 12pm – 8pm on Friday, November 23 or between 8am – 10am or on Saturday, November 24th.
There will also be a box set up in the hall to collect food donations for The Mayor’s Food Drive. This is a great cause and a great way to share with those in need.