August 29, 2020
520 27th Ave NE
August 27, 2020
August 18, 2020
We will need 4 volunteers for 1-2 hours. please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to assist.
August 7, 2020
June 29, 2020
And the winners are…….
- What was the population in private households in 2016?
- What Act was established by the Federal Government in 1944 dividing the area south of 25th Ave to 30th Ave and from Edmonton Trail to 6th St. into 60 – one-acre lots?
Answer: Veterans’ Land Act
- In what year was Winston Heights-Mountview registered as an association?
- As of 2016, what percentage of Winston Heights-Mountview were immigrants?
- When was the Centennial Garden first planted?
In the neighbourhood:
- What is the station number of the ambulance building?
Answer: Number 4
- Wayne Gretzky and Kevin Lowe would appreciate the colour scheme of this house. What is the address?
Answer: 475 22 Ave NE
- Name 6 licenced establishments in the community.
Answer: Any of the following: Azzurri, La Luna Rosa, Nixx Pub, Len’s Den, Juliet’s Castle, Capri Steakhouse/Andy’s Lounge, The Winston, Eastern Fortune Restaurant
- Where can you get your furniture upholstered?
Answer: Comfort Upholstering
- At what intersection can you find the Northside Church of Christ?
Answer: 20A Ave and 7 St. NE
- Winston Heights-Mountview was the first community to put in rain gardens in City parks. One is at the community hall and the other can be found at which location?
Answer: Marlowe Pl./17 Ave NE
- How many flags fly at the community hall and which ones are they?
Answer: there are 3 flags: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- This bird must have been in such a hurry to get to Victory Park that he walked right through the wet cement. What is the nearest intersection or address where these footprints can be found?
Answer: 2409 7th St. NE
- Not all ogopogos live in the Okanagan. This one lives on a crescent in our community.
At what address can it be found?
Answer: 33 Montrose Cres. NE
- What building formerly occupied the area between Midfield Park and the Ambassador Motel? (Hint: everyone on the Board of Directors knows the answer)
Answer: RCMP District Office
- What colour is the door on the house at 518 20th Ave.?
Answer: Any of: robin’s egg blue, teal, turquoise
- What can you easily see two of at the end of the walkway at 2 – 17th Ave?
Answer: Two coloured rocks
- What type of animal statue is located on the front step at 437 19th Ave?
Answer: A pig
- What type of business is located at 445 19 Ave?
Answer: Tax Services
- Where could you get your homeowner’s insurance?
Answer: Del Fisher