October 6, 2017
Unplug n’ Play
Join us for local entertainment, special guests, face painting, snacks, free games and activities for the whole family. This event is free and is open to all ages and abilities. No registration is required. Events will take place in various parks across Calgary.
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Winston Heights-Mountview Community Hall (back field)
September 18, 2017
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association needs volunteers for our casino on Thursday January 11th and Friday January 12th at the ELBOW RIVER CASINO
Please remember to bring Photo ID with you.
No experience is necessary! We are looking for volunteers for a number of positions. Please follow this link for a description of the duties of each volunteer and to sign-up for a time slot: https://www.volunteersignup.org/KM4TK
If you have any questions Contact Beth at 403-276-3500 or email@example.com
August 11, 2017
The free Calgary skateboarding program opens today at the WinstonHeight-Mountview Community Hall.
Visit www.calgary.ca/skatepark for more details.
Helmets are mandatory while using the park and you are welcome to bring your own skateboard, rollerblades or scooters to the park! Rental skateboards and helmets are free to use on a first come first serve basis!
August 1, 2017
The office is closed this week (July 31-Aug 4) – emails and messages will be checked in the evenings Monday, Tuesday, Thurs and Fri. The office is open the following week (Aug 8-11) between 9am-12pm on Tues, Thurs & Fri.
June 10, 2017
Admission: WHMCA Members: Free!
Non Members: $5 BBQ lunch. Kids eat free!
Be sure to let us know if you’d like to perform for this event. We are always looking for local musicians to showcase their talents, so if you’d like to volunteer to spend some time on stage, we’d love to have you! Also, if you’d like to volunteer for the event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org! Contact Mary-Beth for further details at email@example.com.
May 26, 2017
Become a Member: (please note the membership year is not the calendar year, it runs from April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018)
We invite you – and each of your neighbours – to join the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association by getting this year’s (2017/2018) residents membership FREE.
Your community association does many things for you and your neighbours. For example, we:
- Host community events such as the Stampede BBQ, Community Recycling Day and the Santa Claus Breakfast;
- Work with the City to comment on proposed developments and to address traffic issues;
- Keep you informed about your neighbourhood via a monthly newsletter, e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter; and
- Maintain the Community Hall, which includes four rentable halls, basketball hoops and the hockey rink for your use.
Over the past couple of years your community association has also built the:
- Community Garden;
- 7th Street Playground;
- Two demonstration Rain Gardens;
- Centennial Garden;
- and we are currently working with the City to finish the Munro Park redevelopment.
There are many benefits to holding a membership in your Community Association:
- Discounts or free admission to community events or programs; and
- Finding out about, and having your voice heard on, issues affecting the neighbourhood.
For residents to join the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association (free for the 2017/2018 year) please complete this form.
For non-residents or businesses (associates members) to join the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association ($10 for the 2017/2018 year) please complete this form. (You will be redirected to PayPal upon submission).
If you DO NOT complete the paypal payment at the end of the form your information WILL NOT be processed and you will be required to RESUBMIT the form.
Also note the membership year is not the calendar year, it runs from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017
At the Annual General Meeting on May 30 at 7pm a Special Resolution to update the organization’s bylaws will be put forward to the membership of Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association.
The last update to our bylaws was made in May 2010 and over the past seven years Directors have, from time to time, recommended changes which this Special Resolution aims to address. These recommended edits are proposed in order to:
- Update Membership sections to reflect the current practice of Memberships being by household rather than by individual.
- Expand Associate Membership to include businesses and not just individuals who live outside the community.
- Allow a limited number of Associate Members to serve as Directors.
- Expand Conflict of Interest to include more than “tender or contract to be submitted to the Association.”
- Improve consistency of language throughout the document.
May 24, 2017
In a ceremony in his home, on Thursday May 18, a group of WHMCA past presidents and current board members presented the first Long Service Volunteer Award to Bill Reinhardt. This plaque will be hung in the foyer of the Community Association building, where Bill contributed thousands of hours of volunteer time over decades.