The City of Calgary is enhancing vacant land at Centre Street N and 40 Avenue N.E. to create a pop-up park for interim use. They have developed two design options for the park and they would love your feedback:
Park Design Option One:
- Add a fence around the pop-up park along with an accessible pathway that leads to a basketball court for multi-purpose recreation use surrounded by trees and benches.
- Includes a sheltered space with picnic tables for year-round use.
- The space can be used for recreation programming such as fitness, art and sports for all ages.
Park Design Option Two:
- Add a fence around the pop-up park along with an accessible pathway that leads to a community garden with planter beds, some of the beds can be used for accessible use.
- Add natural play elements, two covered swing benches and a mini library.
- The space can be used for recreation programming such as fitness, art and gardening workshops for all ages.
We are also implementing mobility improvements in the communities of Greenview, Greenview Industrial Park, Highland Park and Winston Heights / Mountview. We are making these enhancements to improve mobility for people who walk, wheel and drive and to complete the missing links in our transportation network.
The City of Calgary is currently hosting online engagement at engage.calgary.ca/40AveNEPark until September 17 to gather feedback on the design options for the pop-up park.