May 26, 2017
Become a Member: (please note the membership year is not the calendar year, it runs from April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018)
We invite you – and each of your neighbours – to join the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association by getting this year’s (2017/2018) residents membership FREE.
Your community association does many things for you and your neighbours. For example, we:
- Host community events such as the Stampede BBQ, Community Recycling Day and the Santa Claus Breakfast;
- Work with the City to comment on proposed developments and to address traffic issues;
- Keep you informed about your neighbourhood via a monthly newsletter, e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter; and
- Maintain the Community Hall, which includes four rentable halls, basketball hoops and the hockey rink for your use.
Over the past couple of years your community association has also built the:
- Community Garden;
- 7th Street Playground;
- Two demonstration Rain Gardens;
- Centennial Garden;
- and we are currently working with the City to finish the Munro Park redevelopment.
There are many benefits to holding a membership in your Community Association:
- Discounts or free admission to community events or programs; and
- Finding out about, and having your voice heard on, issues affecting the neighbourhood.
For non-residents or businesses (associates members) to join the Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association ($10 for the 2017/2018 year) please complete this form. (You will be redirected to PayPal upon submission).
If you DO NOT complete the paypal payment at the end of the form your information WILL NOT be processed and you will be required to RESUBMIT the form.
Also note the membership year is not the calendar year, it runs from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017
The last update to our bylaws was made in May 2010 and over the past seven years Directors have, from time to time, recommended changes which this Special Resolution aims to address. These recommended edits are proposed in order to:
- Update Membership sections to reflect the current practice of Memberships being by household rather than by individual.
- Expand Associate Membership to include businesses and not just individuals who live outside the community.
- Allow a limited number of Associate Members to serve as Directors.
- Expand Conflict of Interest to include more than “tender or contract to be submitted to the Association.”
- Improve consistency of language throughout the document.
These Financial Statements will be presented and reviewed at the AGM on May 30, 2017.
May 25, 2017
We wish you all the best Jim! Sorry we missed getting this post up yesterday, but we are wishing you all the best in 2017!
May 24, 2017
In a ceremony in his home, on Thursday May 18, a group of WHMCA past presidents and current board members presented the first Long Service Volunteer Award to Bill Reinhardt. This plaque will be hung in the foyer of the Community Association building, where Bill contributed thousands of hours of volunteer time over decades.