9AM – 2PM
Parking lot, Winston Heights-Mountview Community Centre, 520-27 Ave NE
Winston Heights-Mountview’s COMMUNITY CLEANUP, in partnership with the City of Calgary Waste & Recycling Services and Community Strategies, is back! Do some deep fall cleaning, help reduce waste in our landfills and support community organizations with recyclable donations. The event is FREE and everyone is welcome to participate.
24 volunteers are needed to ensure this event’s success. If you can help on Sept 16 for 3 hours, please sign up. It’s a great way to spend a few hours working outdoor with your neighbours. Volunteers will not be asked to lift more than they are able. We have a few spots for volunteers with physical limitations.
We provide all safety equipment as well as coffee, snacks and a hot lunch for vendors and volunteers. You can sign up at www.volunteersignup.org/3RPFH. If you have questions, contact Suzanne at 403-276- 5474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New This Year!
We hope to help up to 10 community residents who may be seniors, physically challenged, without a vehicle or just unable to get stuff to the hall by picking up items from their houses. For this, we need one volunteer with a truck. All items must be at ground level and no pianos will be picked up. If you would like a pickup on Sept 16, call Suzanne at 403-276-5474.
The City of Calgary has made two important changes since the last time we held this event. IT WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT ORGANICS AND RECYCABLES. It recommends that all recyclables which don’t fit into our blue bins be taken to the 16 th Ave. Depot (across the road from the Fanning Centre). Organics which don’t fit into our green bins are to be taken to a landfill.
Below are our vendors and a list of ACCEPTED and NOT ACCEPTED items.
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE HALL.
City of Calgary Waste & Recycling Services and Community Strategies – GARBAGE
- Recreational products
- Lumber from old fences & decks
- Furniture up to 6′ (desks, chairs, sofas)
- Unique items (garden gnomes, clocks, taxidermy items)
- Barbeques (no propane tank)
- Lawnmowers w/ gas & oil removed
- Tables & chairs
- Bed frames
- Tin cans
- Car parts
- Swing sets
- Chains, hardware, pipe & wire
- Washers & dryers
- Fridges & freezers w/$15 fee for Freon
- Home Theatre equipment
- Office Electronics
- Laptops, e-readers
- Printers, Fax Machines, Copiers
Gently Used Clothing & Household Goods
- Bed frames, box springs & mattresses
- Couches & other furniture (in good condition)
- Household Miscellaneous
- Kitchen tables & chairs
- Linens & towels
- Toasters & other small appliances
- Toothbrushes & travel-sized hygiene products
Action Tyre – Car Batteries, Tires
6th Calgary St. Barnabas Scout Group – Beverage Recycling
NOTED: Items not accepted by City of Calgary or Vendors
- Ammunition or explosives
- Bear Spray
- Bio-Hazardous Waste
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (propane bottles & tanks)
- Flourescent light bulbs & fixtures
- Glass of any kind (inlc. glass hutches)
- Household Batteries (alkaline)
- Large office furniture
- Liquids of any kind (cooking oil, gas, paint, chemicals)
- Loose media (VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs)
- Medical waste, medications
- Paint, glue, solvents, chemicals
- Railway ties
- Scrap w/led, sludge, raido-active, mercury
- Thermostats & smoke detectors
- Yard waste (sod, dirt, etc.)